June 29, 2021: Information on entry restrictions, testing and quarantine regulations in Tanzania
1. All passengers are subject to enhanced screening for COVID-19 infection. There will be no 14 days mandatory quarantine.
2. All travellers (except for children below age of 5) will be required to present a negative COVlD-19 test certificate upon arrival. The test should be based on Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) taken wi thin 72 hours or Antigen Rapid Test (Ag-ROT) conducted with in 24 hours before arrival to Zanzibar
3. All travelers arriving from India, South Africa, Uganda, DRC Congo, United Kingdom (UK), United State of America (USA), Peru, Brazil, Philippines or Indonesia shall be subjected to rapid test at Point of Entry at a cost of USD 25. To skip long queues for manual payment upon arrival, book Rapid test for arrival and pay online (Mastercard/Visa) using the following link: https://zanzibarcovidtesting.co.tz.
NB: The list of countries will be updated based on WHO daily updates on COVID-19 variants
4. Passengers from other countries with symptoms and signs related to COVID-19 infection, will undergo enhanced screening and may be tested for RT-PCR;
5. Flights from India are suspended.
– This does not apply to humanitarian, medevac and repatriation flights.
6. Passengers arriving from India on humanitarian, medevac and repatriation flights are subject to a COVID-19 test upon arrival.
7. Passengers arriving from India on humanitarian, medevac and repatriation flights are subject to quarantine for 14 days at their own expense.
8. Crew members are not subject present a negative test COVID-19 certificate as a condition of entry or departure. However, they will be screened for symptoms and signs in line with the country’s protocol;
9. While in the country, all international travelers should observe adherence to Infection, Prevention and Control measures such as hand hygiene, wearing masks and keeping physical distancing as deemed appropriate;
10. All travelers are required to truthfully fill out Traveler’s Surveillance Form available onboard or in any other transport means and submit to Port Health Authorities upon arrival;
11. All international arriving passengers shall dispose-of their masks after use during travel at designated waste collection containers upon arrival;
12. Airlines must provide Advance Passenger Information so as to allow the Points of Entry Authorities to scrutinize the manifest for possible high-risk passenger identification;
13. All passengers required to obtain in a Unique Health Code (UHC). Same required on arrival and can be obtained online by registering on MOH website within 24 hours before arrival
14. MOH website https://afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz/
15. Travelers subjected to mandatory quarantine shall choose a place from the list of Hotels designated by the Government. Returning residents will be allowed to isolate themselves in their homes subject to adherence to the Zanzibar COVlD-19 guidelines.
Travel advice Tanzania
Want to travel to Tanzania?
Follow the travel news – Traveltalksplatform is the number 1 news site to stay updated on amazing travel facts, the latest news, events, incentive ideas, MICE news, job opportunities and shows.
Specially composed for the travel industry, you will find the latest travel facts at your fingertips.
Copyright © 2021 e-motions international
We assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this site. The information contained in this site is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness.