The Advantage Conference provides the perfect opportunity for you to meet like-minded businesses, network with industry colleagues and business partners – and take back actionable learnings for you and your business.
Plans are already underway to make 2022 an event to remember.
Advantage Chief Executive Officer, Julia Lo Bue-Said said: “Madeira is a new destination for us to explore and the support we’re receiving from the tourist board has been amazing. The climate allows us to consider outdoor activities as part of next year’s conference, especially when the Atlantic archipelago boasts a UNESCO World Heritage Site, The Laurel Forest of Madeira, and five nature reserves.”
“Connected to the UK by regular direct flights, Madeira’s three to four-hour flight time makes it easily accessible for our members. We are looking forward to welcoming Advantage members in Madeira in 2022.”
Fun facts about Madeira
- The archipelago of Madeira is a group of islands in the north Atlantic Ocean located 280 nautical miles from the coast of Africa and 540 nautical miles from continental Europe.
- The Madeira region has a total population of nearly 270,000, most of who live on the main island of Madeira
- Madeira island is mountainous with peaks reaching 6,100 feet. When claimed in 1419, the island was covered with laurel forest, leading to its name. ‘Madeira’ means ‘wood’ in Portuguese
- The Madeira Islands are the home of Madeira fortified wine which can range from dry (consumed as an aperitif) to sweet (usually served with dessert)
- Wine making in Madeira dates back to late 15th century when Madeira was a regular stop for ships heading to the East Indies
- It’s one of the best places in the world to see whales
- The most famous export? Cristiano Ronaldo