Travel news from around the world
The Hall of International Tourism Heroes is open by nomination only to recognize those that have shown extraordinary leadership, innovation, and actions. Tourism Heroes go the extra step.
The Yearly or Special Tourism Hero Award is presented to selected members of the Hall of International Tourism Heroes.
Today Professor Klodina Gorcia from Tirana, Albania was accepted as a Tourism Hero into the International Hall of Tourism Heroes.
- Klodiana Gorica is a professor for Sustainable Tourism Management, Entrepreneurial Marketing, and Tourism Marketing at the University of Tirana.
- She was confirmed into the Hall of International Tourism Heroes by the World Tourism Network today.
- The Hall of International Tourism Heroes is open by nomination only to recognize those that have shown extraordinary leadership, innovation, and actions. Tourism Heroes go the extra step.
Prof. Gorica was nominated to the Hall of Tourism Heroes by Blendi Klosi, Minister of Tourism and Environment for Albania.
The minister stated:
1. She has been, for decades, a crucial person dedicated to the promotion of Western Balkan Countries and especially Albania as a unique destination in Europe and further;
2. She has worked a lot in creating the best politics and strategies for achieving sustainability. tourism in region
3. Due to her capabilities and efficient effort has created a strong partnership between Higher Education Institutes and public institutions (Ministry of Tourism and Environment), in common projects and initiatives;
4. Due to her initiative and wide international network in the Balkan Region, but not only, in 2017 (30th year of sustainable tourism), together with InSET (www.inset.al) where she is CEO and Executive Director and under the direction of UNWTO, and also Ministry of Tourism in Albania, she well organized the first International Conference on “Building public-private partnership for Sustainable Development through Tourism”.
The most important stakeholders were presenting critical and crucial moments for sustainable tourism in Albania.
From 2011 to 2016 she has been Vice Dean in Faculty of Economy, University of Tirana; member of Scientific Council 2008-2012, and after 2016 member of Council of Professors; National Expert in Higher Education Quality Assurance Albanian Agency since 2008; is involved in international initiatives, forums and projects, not only expert but serving as Guest speaker, creating networks for Balkan and European Sustainable Tourism, monitoring, creating and managing round tables and forums; member in editorial board/research committee/keynote speaker in international journals and conferences, and international experiences in training and teaching since 1997 in universities abroad.